Saturday, November 2, 2013

Today's Number Screencast



Another web tool I learned about in my T21 course was screencasting.  I used the site educreations.com to create the screencast above called, "Today's Number".  "Today's Number" is an activity the children learn about in the Investigations Math Curriculum. In first grade, there are several opportunities to teach children how to represent a number, such as 12, in a variety of ways.  In this screencast, I will demonstrate how to complete the "Today's Number" activity just as I would demonstrate it to the children during math class.  

I hope you find that this screencast opens a window into a typical math lesson in first grade. As you glance through your child's math workbooks that will be coming home shortly, look for evidence of their growth with the "Today's Number" activity.


No comments:

Post a Comment